First of all. I would like to state that this is way more than you'll need for a weekend getaway. I live out of my suitcase and so I bring something for every occasion with me just in case. The bulk of my makeup stays in one of my two homes and I rotate items every month based on the season, and personal preference. This is what I've got this month!
Let's start with the travel bag. I used to carry multiple glam little makeup bags with cute sayings on the front. I found lately that I need something that isn't bulky and that I can easily hang on a towel rack. I bought this on sale at Target for $1.50.
First of all I always try to separate my liquids into an airport approved ziploc bag. This one is from the airport at London Heathrow, which has a very peculiar security check.
This is my favourite brush ever. It is the travel size real techniques mini expert face brush (which I also got at Target)
My tips for packing makeup:
- Bring your essentials. I ALWAYS have at least two liquid liners, two black pencil liners, a heavy duty concealer, and an eyelash curler
- Keep your liquids separate. You never know when you'll be asked to pull them out so you might as well have them ready.
- Bring makeup for a glam day. There's nothing worse than just bringing your essentials and then being asked out on a whim. I always bring a darker lip and a travel size eyeshadow palette for days I feel a little more glam.
- Put your makeup in your carry on. You never know. I've never lost any luggage (KNOCK ON WOOD) and I hope to never have to go through that. I make sure to put my makeup and one set of a change of clothes in my carry on at the very least. I usually don't check luggage at all but when I do. I make sure to keep the important stuff on my person.
- Lastly, make sure that anything you bring isn't sentimental to you. Bottles explode, powders crack and you don't want to lose something really expensive or that you love dearly.
Let me know what your favourite travel makeup item is!